Linda M. Famiglio, M.D., F.A.A.P is a physician, leader, and educator with more than twenty years’ experience leading academic affairs, most recently as the Chief Academic Officer for the Geisinger Health System.
She built an educational enterprise with over 500 employees including 450 residents/fellows and maintained accreditation for over 40 programs for physicians, dentists, podiatrists, physicists, psychologists and others across 40 counties and three teaching hospitals in mostly rural Pennsylvania, with a staff of 5 doctorate level professionals, 5 masters level education professionals and 35 support coordinators and directors. She served as an Associate Dean and Professor of Neurology at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.
Her organizational principles include
- Integration across the entire system to be served
- Inclusion of all professions and needs
- Integration across the continuum of medical education from student, to graduate, to postgraduate practicing professionals
- Protection of the physician/provider- patient relationship
Values that are central to her approach include
- Relationship-centered communication
- Interprofessional team think
- Respect for others
- Patients first